Friday, March 6, 2009

Mind Wide Open Challenge







My first ever Mind Wide Open challenge ... I have always admired the work that people put in to participate in the challenges over at Mind Wide Open ( http://www.mind-wideopen.blogspot.com/ ) and this month I decided to join in the fun! it will be great seeing what everyone has created either similar to, or unlike my own project. This mixed media collage was made on an 8x8 stretched canvas, 1 1/2 inches deep. Layers of gesso, paints , a ripped and torn image, stained muslin and a vintage skeleton key, and wire encorporated with quotes about JOURNEY complete this collage.

12 comments:

PisforPaper said...

Really wonderful, love the writing around the edges!

Artsnark said...

great piece! wish I had time to play this week- such a great starter image. Love what you've done with it!

Sanja said...

beautiful collage!

My Creative House said...

Wonderful work you have done with the image from MWO, love your colours.

Viola said...

Just gorgeous! Love your artwork!

Femmy said...

great piece!!

Tacey said...

What a wonderful piece you made for this challenge! Love the addition of the key.

said...

There's so much I love about your piece. The shape and size, the blending of colors, and the key with the square top is wonderful!

My Journey to Hope said...

This is beautiful!

-Michelle

Nan said...

Really enjoyed uour art...love all the layers you used..one of my favorites this month!

DeeDee said...

Beautiful piece with rich colors.

A - Zinnia Productions said...

Very beautiful work!
oooxx Zinnia